Meet Jack - courtesy post
Meet Jack! Jack is a courtesy post, and here is his bio from his awesome foster dad, below.
"Jack is a great dog, but I think he would be better served in a house with more land, and with a family member that likes to go for runs. He's definitely got a lot more energy than our dog.
- His dad passed away, his mom was leaving town, and he likely would have been abandoned at an empty house or sent to the pound.
- We got him to the vet, and they said he's very healthy boy. All his shots are now updated, and he's on a Wellness Plan with Banfield.
- He's between 4 and 5 years old, and likely a German shepherd bull terrier mix of some sort.
- He seems to be doing very well with our dog Kobe, who is a 100-pound bullmastiff. I'm also told that he does well with small dogs. Haven't tested him with cats, but my gut says he will do fine.
- Seems to be great with kids. Very sweet and loving, and loves to give kisses.
- I'm not sure exactly what his diet was previously, sounds like a mix of whatever dog food they bought and table scraps. For now he's on Natural Balance lamb and brown rice, and he seems to love it.
- He seems to have a little bit of trouble with stairs. He can go down them fine now, but needs some encouragement to go up.
- I don't think he's ever known what a dog bed was, let alone allowed to sleep in the bed with his people, but he has quickly taken to both.
- We don't have a crate, but my guess is that if we did he would feel like it was a safe space and be in there often.
- He knows how to sit, and he seems to know what stay means, but a little training will likely go a long way for this smart boy. If we aren't able to find him the perfect home in the next week, we will probably enroll in some training with him.
- He just got his nails trimmed and his ears cleaned. He was very nervous and didn't want to go back with them (wouldn't be surprised if he'd never had either of those things done before.) But once he was on the grooming table he let them do everything without a fight. He was VERY good.
- He also has ZERO food bowl aggression and is happy to share bones with other dogs.
- Lastly, we have been calling him Jack Jack, after the baby in The Incredibles. He doesn't seem to mind, and it makes us smile.
Thanks for your help, and let me know if I need to do anything further to get something posted."